commons-user mailing list archives

From AndrewPeir...@cabs.co.zw
Subject Re: [DBCP] - Informix and DBCP 1.1 compatibility...
Date Tue, 02 Mar 2004 11:11:59 GMT
Hi Dirk,

Thanks for formally logging this issue in bugzilla and coming up with a
fix.  I downloaded the latest nightly builds, but have not been able to
get it working because I am not sure how to replace the statement :

PoolableConnectionFactory poolableConnectionFactory = new
PoolableConnectionFactory(connectionFactory,connectionPool,null,null,false,true);

in the ManualPoolingDataSourceExample.

I know that the 5th parameter in the PoolableConnectionFactory constructor
sets the DefaultReadOnly value and I know that it must not be set so that
the unsupported method is not called, but if the 5th parameter of the
constructor is set to only take a boolean then how can I create a
PoolableConnectionFactory object without indirectly calling the
unsupported method.  What I am basically asking is "How can I replace the
above line in the code, so that a Poolable connection Factory Object is
created but also so that the setreadOnly method is not called indirectly?"

Please let me know how to do this, so that I can test your fix as soon as
possible.  By the way, I have also just finished downloading the latest
JDBC drivers for Informix from the IBM site, and once they are installed,
I will test them out to see if they now support those methods...

I'll keep you posted on my progress,
Thanks again,
Andrew Peirson.