commons-user mailing list archives

From Danny Angus <Danny_An...@slc.co.uk>
Subject Re: native memory leak on every call to File.deleteOnExit()
Date Thu, 04 Mar 2004 09:47:56 GMT

Please don't cross post to both lists, it means that there are two copies
of your mail and the discussion becomes confused and difficult to follow.
We have two lists deliberately if you're not sure which one is appropriate
just pick one, chances are if it is the wrong one someone will correct you.

d.

|---------+------------------------------->
|         |           Forrest Girouard    |
|         |           <Forrest.Girouard@op|
|         |           enwave.com>         |
|         |                               |
|         |           03/03/2004 11:15 PM |
|         |           Please respond to   |
|         |           "Jakarta Commons    |
|         |           Users List"         |
|         |                               |
|---------+------------------------------->
  >---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |

  |       To:       commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org, commons-user@jakarta.apache.org
                        |
  |       cc:
                        |
  |       Subject:  native memory leak on every call to File.deleteOnExit()
                        |
  >---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Folks:

Is any one on this list aware that every call to File.deleteOnExit()
leaks memory in the native heap?  This eventually crashes the JVM.
Please see
http://developer.java.sun.com/developer/bugParade/bugs/4513817.html.

It seems to me that the call to deleteOnExit() from
DefaultFileItem.getTempFile() is premature and that it should really be
called from DeferredFileOutputStream.thresholdReached().  Thoughts?

Cheers,
             Forrest

viruses.