commons-user mailing list archives

From "Chris White" <chris.wh...@comcast.net>
Subject RE: FW: [JXPath] attribute axis
Date Tue, 16 Mar 2004 19:17:45 GMT
We are trying navigate back up a context using getParent(). When using a
dynamic properties, there appears to be an intermediary node between the
node pointer for a property and its real parent.

There is probably some reason for this but it would be helpful if
getParent() returned the real node pointer for the parent. We have been
working around the problem with the following code:

// this is done to by pass the extra node pointer between the parent
// and its child.
if (parent.getNode() == parent.getParent().getNode() )
{
    parent = parent.getParent();
}

Do you know of a way we could avoid this hack?