commons-user mailing list archives

From Jörg Schaible <Joerg.Schai...@Elsag-Solutions.com>
Subject RE: [Configuration] Daily builds fails
Date Tue, 09 Mar 2004 11:13:37 GMT
Eric Pugh wrote on Tuesday, March 09, 2004 11:35 AM:

> What do you mean by "in the archive"?

Well, have a look into the current generated commons-configuration-1.0-dev-?.jar
You'll see all the test configurtions in there and I wondered why. I have (at home so I cannot
send a patch now) a modified project.xml that will not do so and all the junit tests were
successful. OTOH I never worked with cactus and since there are some also in the repository
I wonder, what I have to do to run them and if possibly they are the reason for bundling this
test stuff.

> For ant compatibility,
> I am wondering if we should put the configuration files in
> /src/test/ directory?  Would that solve the problem...?
> Basically, the Maven Ant plugin attempts to boil all the
> dynamism of Maven down to a simple build.xml, which works
> some of the time, but not all!

Comparing the generated ant rules and the rules for the resources in Maven, you'll notice
a difference. Not all files will be copied using the generated ant file.

> Also, by putting stuff in /srt/test/conf it might make it
> easier for users to understand they are test resources?

Not sure about the "recommended" project structure of Maven here.

Regards,
Jörg