commons-user mailing list archives

From "Forte, Graham" <graham.fo...@ngc.com>
Subject RE: [File Upload] specifying the directory to upload to
Date Tue, 30 Mar 2004 19:48:46 GMT
Nevermind I figured it out, just as I suspected I declared currentFile improperly.
Thanks again Schalk!!

-----Original Message-----
From: Forte, Graham
Sent: Tuesday, March 30, 2004 1:41 PM
To: 'Jakarta Commons Users List'
Subject: RE: [File Upload] specifying the directory to upload to

Schalk thanks for your reply.
That was helpful, however I am now getting a nullpointerexception which points to:

java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.apache.commons.fileupload.DefaultFileItem.write(DefaultFileItem.java:442)

I am sure it is in the way I implemented the File(File parent, String child) object. As below:

File fullFile  = new File(item.getName());
File currentFile = new File(getServletContext().getRealPath("/"),fullFile.getName());
String curFile = currentFile.toString();
File diskFile = new File(folder, curFile); // to pass the folder and file to be uploaded
item.write(diskFile); // This line writes the file to disk.

I think I am declaring currentFile improperly.
Any ideas?