commons-user mailing list archives

From Joao Batistella <joao-p-batiste...@ptinovacao.pt>
Subject RE: Connection is closed
Date Mon, 29 Mar 2004 20:28:19 GMT
Thanks.
I do that. I only deal with the connection returned by DBCP. Is there a
timeout attribute (or anyother thing) that can close the connection?

-----Original Message-----
From: Stephen Westbom [mailto:swestbom@yahoo.com]
Sent: segunda-feira, 29 de março de 2004 12:47
To: Jakarta Commons Users List
Subject: Re: Connection is closed

Just a guess, but after your last question, don't ever call the close()
method
on the underlying connection object.  That truly  closes the connection and
you
will have a dead one in the pool.  Only call close() on the DBCP connection
object decorator which simply returns the connection to the pool.

--- Joao Batistella <joao-p-batistella@ptinovacao.pt> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I started using DBCP with Oracle 8i and I'm having the error "Connection
is
> closed" sometimes. How can I change the DBCP configuration to avoid this
> kind of error?
>
> Thanks,
> JP

=====
Your source for complex solutions to simple problems