commons-user mailing list archives

From "Gary Gregory" <ggreg...@seagullsw.com>
Subject RE: sytem task
Date Wed, 17 Mar 2004 21:33:55 GMT
AFAIK, there is no JRE API to support doing this directly. This is
something you'd expects to see in java.lang.System or Runtime.

You might want to google for any JNI based library code that uses OS
APIs to do this.

A quick and dirty solution would be to use j.l.System to execute OS
specific script calls like "ps" for *NIX and capture the console output
and parse that. Not fun.

Gary