commons-user mailing list archives

From "Daniel Huang" <danih...@cisco.com>
Subject RE: [dbcp] How could I find out the application methods that hold the active connections?
Date Fri, 26 Mar 2004 17:49:54 GMT
Check out Tomcat documentation. There are some configuration parameters you
can set to help you debug abandoned connection.
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/jndi-datasource-examples-how
to.html

Good luck!
Daniel

-----Original Message-----
From: Sheng Huang [mailto:SHuang@tlg.ca]
Sent: Thursday, March 25, 2004 3:00 PM
To: 'commons-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: [dbcp] How could I find out the application methods that hold the
active connections?

I have an application running on Tomcat 4.1.18 with dbcp. My configuration
parameters is as follows:
maxActive 4
maxIdle 2
maxWait -1
removeAbandoned 60
logAbandoned true

When I deployed it on a slow machine, a lot of times it will display
We have a connection pool and it has 4 max active connections.
We have a connection pool and it has 2 max idle connections.
We have a connection pool and it has 4 active connections.
We have a connection pool and it has 0 idle connections.
Then the application just stalls since no more new connections can be made
(maxActive=active). I checked the log and saw a lot of
"DBCP object created 2004-03-22 12:43:32 by the following code was never
closed" followed by "Already closed". I guess there are some inactive
connections are recycled.
Is there a way that I can find out which application methods are holding
these active connections? Should these active connections also have a
timeout value? Thank you very much.
Best regards,
Sheng