commons-user mailing list archives

From <Olaf.Me...@nokia.com>
Subject RE: [Digester] Can I treat attributes as other values than strings?
Date Fri, 05 Mar 2004 15:14:13 GMT
I actually figured out what I need to do. I can use the DatatypeConverter class from SUNs jwsd

http://java.sun.com/webservices/docs/1.2/api/javax/xml/bind/DatatypeConverter.html

to convert the string to the required type.

-----Original Message-----
From: ext [mailto:Olaf.Meyer@nokia.com]
Sent: Friday, 05. March 2004 14:11
To: commons-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: [Digester] Can I treat attributes as other values than strings?

I'm trying to figure out if I can treat attribute values as non-string values.

I have a schema that contains an attribute definition as follows:
	<xs:attribute name="encryptedData" type="xs:base64Binary" use="optional"/>

I would like to make use of the standard Java - XML mapping (as defined in JAX-RPC documentation).
Here the base64Binary type is mapped to byte[]. Is there any way I can use these types with
digester?

Thanks,
  Olaf