commons-user mailing list archives

From "nathan phillips" <natha...@hotmail.com>
Subject HttpClient - Turn "wire" off not working
Date Tue, 30 Mar 2004 17:06:46 GMT
Hello,

I'm using the latest stable release of HttpClient and for some reason it
appears that the "wire" debug is turned on for me by default or something
else is doing it.  I'm unable to shut it up.  I've added the following to my
log4j.xml file to no avail:

  <category name="org.apache.commons.logging.simplelog.defaultlog">
    <priority value="INFO"/>
  </category>
  <category name="org.apache.commons.logging.simplelog.log.httpclient.wire">
    <priority value="INFO"/>
  </category>

Within my code I've tried adding per the web site documentation:

System.setProperty("org.apache.commons.logging.Log",
"org.apache.commons.logging.impl.SimpleLog");
System.setProperty("org.apache.commons.logging.simplelog.log.httpclient.wire",
"info");
System.setProperty("org.apache.commons.logging.simplelog.log.org.apache.commons.httpclient",

"info");

Nothing seems to work.  If anyone has any ideas why not, I'd greatly
appreciate them.  Thanks for your help and thanks for HttpClient.