commons-user mailing list archives

From "Antony Paul" <antonypau...@hotmail.com>
Subject [DBCP] - ClassNotFoundException with Oracle
Date Fri, 05 Mar 2004 03:52:01 GMT
Hi all,
    I am getting ClassNotFoundException when I put the ojdbc14.jar in the
WEB-INF\lib folder. If I keep it in common\lib it is ok. Using JNDI to get a
datasource.
Tomcat 4.1.27
DBCP 1.1
JDK 1.4.1
The line throwing exception is -  ds.getConnection();

This is the stack trace.
org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot load JDBC driver class
'oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver', cause:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver
 at
org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.loadClass(StandardClassLoader
java:992)
 at
org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.loadClass(StandardClassLoader
java:857)
 at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:315)
 at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.createDataSource(BasicDataSource.jav
a:730)
 at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.getConnection(BasicDataSource.java:5
18)
 at util.Pool.getConnection(Pool.java:52)

rgds
Antony Paul