commons-user mailing list archives

From "Buchanan, Paul" <Paul.Bucha...@thomson.com>
Subject [net] FTPClient through a FTP proxy
Date Fri, 05 Mar 2004 19:23:31 GMT
I have been trying to establish a ftp connection through a FTP proxy using
the FTPClient, but as of yet have been unsuccessful.  I did search the list,
but didn't find anything useful.

These are the things I have been trying:

      System.getProperties().put( "ftp.proxySet", "true" );
      System.getProperties().put( "ftp.proxyHost", "hostname" );
      System.getProperties().put( "ftp.proxyPort", "21" );
OR
      System.getProperties().put( "ftProxySet", "true" );
      System.getProperties().put( "ftpProxyHost", "hostname" );
      System.getProperties().put( "ftpProxyPort", "21" );

then the following code:

      FTPClient ftp = new FTPClient();
      ftp.addProtocolCommandListener(
         new PrintCommandListener(new PrintWriter(System.out)));
      try
      {
         int reply;
         ftp.connect(mFTPServer);

Neither of those sets of System properties seem to do anything, my
connections just time out.  Is this the correct way of going about this?

Thanks,

Paul Buchanan
West Application Technology
email: paul.buchanan@thomson.com