commons-user mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: [JELLY] Execute a jelly script inside a not jelly script
Date Tue, 23 Mar 2004 19:59:59 GMT
you're talking about executing the fragment rooted at the element,
right?

for example if you have

<alpha>
	<beta>
		<jelly:stuff>
		</jelly:stuff>
	</beta>
</alpha>

you want to run jelly on

<jelly:stuff>
</jelly:stuff>

as if that were a legitimate document.

i'm not a jelly expert, but to me the obvious way to integrate jelly is
by forming some kind of pipeline from the fragment. if you're using SAX
then i think that you should be able to create a Script object from a
(jelly) XMLParser. then run the script. if not, then you might consider
creating SAX events from the fragment. the rest of the integration
problem depends on the way your language processes the xml.

hope this helps.

- robert