commons-user mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: Use commons code in GPLed web application ?
Date Sat, 06 Mar 2004 10:33:05 GMT
On 6 Mar 2004, at 09:31, Juergen Weber wrote:

>> See
>>
>> http://www.apache.org/licenses/GPL-compatibility.html
>> for license compatability issues and
>> http://www.apache.org/dev/apply-license.html
>> for how to apply the ASF licencse.
>
> I did. Therefore I asked the question on this list ;-)
>
> But Craig R. McClanahan's answer helped.

note that we've only just changed licenses from AL1.1 to AL2. most
releases are still distributed under the older AL1.1 license. there are
some important differences between these licenses especially where the
GPL is involved. you may need to take care if you're using apache
distributions under AL1.1 in a project which also contains L/GPLd code.

- robert