commons-user mailing list archives

From "Volkmann, Mark" <Mark.Volkm...@AGEDWARDS.com>
Subject RE: [jelly] parent and child tags
Date Mon, 08 Mar 2004 21:30:40 GMT

Not if the parent has access to all its child tags with its doTag method.

> I would think all the parent/child handling code could go in a single
> superclass tag or an interface with an operator class to do
> the passing,
> rather than reimplementing it in each child tag.
>
> >  I guess what I really want is a way to treat child elements like
> >attributes are treated ... set methods are automatically called.  For
> >example, I want
> >
> ><foo>
> >  <bar>7</bar>
> ></foo>
> >
> >to result in creation of a foo object and the call foo.setBar(7).
>
> In this case, bar is an element/object, not an
> attibute/primitive value,
> so the above code should not call foo.setBar(7). It would be
> identical to
> <foo bar="7" />.
> Maybe what you want is the parent tag to automatically
> maintain a list of
> its children and then provide access to the child tags/beans. While I
> don't like wasting a superclass (super to Foo but sub of
> TagSupport) it
> would be easy enough to implement this for you own work (if/until the
> Jelly folks add the feature).

Are you saying that there is already a method in Jelly that allows a class
like Foo to access its child tags/beans?  If so, can you point me to it?

A.G. Edwards & Sons' outgoing and incoming e-mails are electronically
archived and subject to review and/or disclosure to someone other
than the recipient.