commons-user mailing list archives

From "Volkmann, Mark" <>
Subject [jelly] parent and child tags
Date Mon, 08 Mar 2004 19:08:39 GMT
I've investigated Jelly a bit and want to verify some things.  Please let me
know if any of my statements below are wrong.

Tags in a Jelly script that are not mapped to a class with <define:jellybean
.../> are ignored.

Child tag objects can, in their doTag method, locate their parent tag object
and invoke methods on it to "push" data up.

The simplest way for a child tag object to obtain its parent tag object is
  DynamicBeanTag parentTag = (DynamicBeanTag) getParent();
  Object parentBean = parentTag.getBean();
  // At this point a cast is necessary to do anything useful will

Parent tag objects cannot, in their doTag method, locate their child tag
objects and invoke methods on them to "pull" data up.  I'm really hoping,
I'm wrong about this.

A.G. Edwards & Sons' outgoing and incoming e-mails are electronically
archived and subject to review and/or disclosure to someone other
than the recipient.