commons-user mailing list archives

From "Bosch, Mike" <mike.bo...@benefitpoint.com>
Subject [Jelly] core:parse issues
Date Mon, 01 Mar 2004 23:58:01 GMT
This started out being a user question but it might also need to go into
the dev list.

I'm trying to use the core:parse tag and am running into problems.
First off, it always seems to generate an NPE when putting content in
through a variable.  The script instance in doTag always fails at this
line:

Script script = getJellyParser().getScript();  //    script comes back
null....

Second, the way element body content is handled also generates an NPE in
the XMLOutput class.  The contentHandler in this case never seems to get
set in the XMLOutput instance used in the parseBody method.  I changed
the code to use the contentHandler assigned in the line previous to this
in the parseBody method and it seems to work although not as I had
completely expected.   Should the contents of the parse body be
evaluated like any body content would normally and then be
parsed/evaluated once more beyond that?  This would be more in line with
how parse works with data that is contained within the text attribute of
the parse tag.

Assuming that I haven't missed something then I've already fixed the
first case for my own purposes and I'm more than willing to fix the
other as well and then submit them to a committer to push into the code
base but I'm unfamiliar with the correct protocol to follow for this.
Could some one let me know how I should proceed?

Thanks.

-Mike