commons-user mailing list archives

From petite_abeille <petite_abei...@mac.com>
Subject Re: [HttpClient] Replacing the JDK's HttpClient?
Date Tue, 09 Mar 2004 19:09:56 GMT
Hi Oleg,

On Mar 09, 2004, at 19:34, Oleg Kalnichevski wrote:

> Currently HttpClient provides a partial implementation of
> HttpURLConnection.

I saw that. But it seems to be more like a, er, esquisse, than a full
blown implementation of a protocol handler [1].

>  The problem is (at least in my opinion) that
> HttpURLConnection is so badly broken that this hardly makes a lot of
> sense to simulate its behaviour.

Right... I'm not interested in replicating HttpURLConnection
implementation quirks, but rather in a consistent API.

> So far nobody has felt compelled to
> step in and provide a plug-in HttpURLConnection replacement based on
> HttpClient code

Bummer :/

Providing a more solid, but API compatible, implementation build on top
of Common's HttpClient would be a killer in my opinion :)

Oh, well...

Cheers,

PA.

[1] http://java.sun.com/developer/onlineTraining/protocolhandlers/