commons-user mailing list archives

From Eric.Le...@swissinfo.ch
Subject [Validator] How to access the value of a field in the XML
Date Mon, 29 Mar 2004 14:38:02 GMT
Hi

I'm trying to access the value of the field I'm validating. That is, I'm
validating an e-mail address and would like the validated e-mail address to
appear in the error message as first parameter.

I tried
         <field property="email" depends="email">
         	   <arg0 key="${email}" resource="false"/>
         </field>

or

         <field property="email" depends="email">
         	   <arg0 key="${var:email}" resource="false"/>
         </field>

but they both don't work. Haven't found an example, but perhaps it's there -
in that case: Sorry!  :-)

Eric