commons-user mailing list archives

From Eric.Le...@swissinfo.ch
Subject RE: [Validator] Validators missing?
Date Thu, 25 Mar 2004 13:54:36 GMT
Hmm... that's a pity. I find that the missing ones should be part of the
basic set of validators, since most validations can be done using the Struts
set.

Eric

-----Original Message-----
From: David Graham [mailto:grahamdavid1980@yahoo.com]
Sent: Donnerstag, 25. März 2004 14:51
To: Jakarta Commons Users List
Subject: Re: [Validator] Validators missing?

Commons Validator really has two distinct components:
1.  A configurable (typically xml) validation engine
2.  Reusable "primitive" validation methods

It provides no pluggable validator actions for feature 1 but feature 2
allows you to more easily build them.  Struts' FieldChecks uses the
methods from 2 to build pluggable validator actions.

I'll add this info to the website.

David