commons-user mailing list archives

From Eric.Le...@swissinfo.ch
Subject RE: [Validator] Using Struts validators outside of Struts
Date Tue, 23 Mar 2004 14:02:51 GMT
No, I'm using them outside of a webapp.
Right now, I'm wading through the Struts FieldChecks and trying to simplify
them.
Perhaps it would be easier to create my own FieldChecks... however, I don't
know how I can access the value of "msg" in a validator tag within
validator-rules.xml.
Do you know any example that uses it? If possible with configurable messages
with {0}, {1} etc.

Eric

-----Original Message-----
From: David Graham [mailto:grahamdavid1980@yahoo.com]
Sent: Dienstag, 23. März 2004 14:42
To: Jakarta Commons Users List
Subject: Re: [Validator] Using Struts validators outside of Struts

Are you trying to use these in a webapp?  Many Struts validations are
simple wrappers around Commons Validator classes/methods.  It may be
easier and lighter weight to just implement your own pluggable validation
methods similar to Struts.

David

--- Eric.Lewis@swissinfo.ch wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm trying to use the Struts validator classes outside of Struts. I
> asked
> this question earlier, but by now I've read and applied the chapter
> "Using
> the Validator Outside of Struts" in "Programming Jakarta Struts" and
> tried
> the code there.
>
> Has anybody else tried this and succeeded?
> I get a NullPointerException at

org.apache.struts.validator.Resources.getMessageResources(Resources.java:150