commons-user mailing list archives

From Eric.Le...@swissinfo.ch
Subject [Validator] Using Struts validators outside of Struts
Date Tue, 23 Mar 2004 12:20:48 GMT
Hi

I'm trying to use the Struts validator classes outside of Struts. I asked
this question earlier, but by now I've read and applied the chapter "Using
the Validator Outside of Struts" in "Programming Jakarta Struts" and tried
the code there.

Has anybody else tried this and succeeded?
I get a NullPointerException at
org.apache.struts.validator.Resources.getMessageResources(Resources.java:150
), so I suspect the Struts validator can't find my
ApplicationResources.properties. I don't know too much about the place of
the ApplicationResources; I placed them into the root of my classes tree,
but that didn't work.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
Eric