commons-user mailing list archives

From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re: [DBCP] - ClassNotFoundException with Oracle
Date Fri, 05 Mar 2004 04:59:07 GMT

DBCP needs access to the oracle driver.  The way classpaths work, the
parent can't see the child.  As such, library in common/lib, server/lib, or
shared/lib cannot load a library in WEB-INF/lib.  As such, you will need to
put the oracle jar in common/lib.  There is no way around it if you want
the container to manage the connection pool.  If Tomcat used something like
JBoss' unified classloader, it might be different, but with the classloader
hierarchy that Tomcat uses, you'll just have to bite the bullet and move
the oracle driver out of WEB-INF/lib and into common/lib.

Jake