commons-user mailing list archives

From Laurent ForĂȘt <l.fo...@clipack.com>
Subject Re: commons newbie
Date Tue, 30 Mar 2004 14:45:46 GMT
Replace
  <%@page import= "java.util.*,org.apache.commons.commons-fileupload-1.0.jar%>
by
<%@page import= "java.util.*"%>
<%@page import= "org.apache.commons.fileupload.*"%>

and put your jar in your WEB-INF/lib

Or somewhere your jar can be loaded by your web Container.

Laurent F.

Forte, Graham wrote:

> Hello,
> I am trying to use the commons 1.0 that I downloaded yesterday.
> I have a few questions that I could not find the answer to on the commons home page.
> First of all, I had downloaded the fileUpload 1.5 from javazoom, I decided to go with
commons instead. I believe that they use the commons jar file and it is named fileupload.jar(true?).I
was able to get the samle code to work using the fileupload.jar.

> Where can I find the archives of this users list?
>
> How do I import the commons jar file?
> I had put the jar file in my \webapps\SAMNEW\WEB-INF\lib directory and did the following

> <%@page import= "java.util.*,org.apache.commons.commons-fileupload-1.0.jar%>
> when I compile I get the following error:
> common$jsp.java [4:1] ';' expected
> import org.apache.commons.commons-fileupload-1.0.jar;//pointing to the hyphen following
commons. Do I need to rename the jar file.

> How can I specify the directory that the file is uploaded to?
>
> If there is a newbie tutorial link somewhere that would be great.
>
> Thanks in advance!
> Graham
>

> here is the code example I was able to find:
> This works using the above described jar but not the new jar that I just got. Also It
uploads it into my webapps/myapp directory (which I need to change)
> *********************************************************************************************************************
> //a. Check if the input request has been sent as multipart form data.
>
> // first check if the upload request coming in is a multipart request
> boolean isMultipart = FileUpload.isMultipartContent(request);
> //b. Create a handler for this request, and use it to parse the request. Upon parsing,
all of the form items are available in a list.

> DiskFileUpload upload = new DiskFileUpload();
>
> // parse this request by the handler
> // this gives us a list of items from the request
> List items = upload.parseRequest(request);
> //c. Iterate over this list to access individual file items. To distinguish between items
that are actual uploaded files versus regular form fields, use the isFormField() method. Based
on the required processing scenarios, we could save the uploaded files, access them byte by
byte, or open an input stream on them.