commons-user mailing list archives

From "matthew.hawthorne" <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: commons newbie
Date Tue, 30 Mar 2004 14:31:25 GMT
Forte, Graham wrote:
> I am trying to use the commons 1.0 that I downloaded yesterday.

By "commons 1.0", it sounds like you really mean commons-fileupload 1.0.
  There
is no such thing as "downloading commons", only downloading a specific
commons
project, such as fileupload.

> Where can I find the archives of this users list?

There are a few places:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/
http://mail-archive.com
http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ViewLists

search for "commons-user" on these pages and you'll find it.

> How do I import the commons jar file?
> I had put the jar file in my \webapps\SAMNEW\WEB-INF\lib directory and did the following

> <%@page import= "java.util.*,org.apache.commons.commons-fileupload-1.0.jar%>
> when I compile I get the following error:
> common$jsp.java [4:1] ';' expected
> import org.apache.commons.commons-fileupload-1.0.jar;//pointing to the hyphen following

> commons. Do I need to rename the jar file.

It looks like you might need to read a JSP tutorial.    Unless you're
using some new JSP
features that I'm just not familiar with.  Imports are for classes.  To
make the classes in a
jar available, it should be placed on the classpath.  Typically that
means WEB-INF/lib of
your webapp.

I don't know anything about fileupload, but I'm sure someone who does
will answer your other questions.