commons-user mailing list archives

From Adrian Perez Jorge <ape...@ignos.com>
Subject Re: Digester and Threads Question
Date Wed, 24 Mar 2004 17:17:57 GMT

Hi,

  What would be the nice way to use a digester per thread?  Suppose the
number of threads is bounded, so a digester could be created to serve
each thread. The idea is to have a multiton and get from it the right
digester for the running thread.

  To build the multiton load once the rules for the digester (well..I
use xmlrules, so this process is somewhat expensive), then clone the
digester in a lazy way (i.e. as threads are created).

  Will just a Hashtable do the job where the keys are Threads objects?
What do you think?

Cheers,

Adrian P.J.