commons-user mailing list archives

From Laurent Forêt <l.fo...@clipack.com>
Subject Re: [HTTPClient] How to use the cookie JSessionID ... becomes How to pass client proxy Authorization through applet.
Date Fri, 19 Mar 2004 14:26:55 GMT
I begin to understand how proxy works, now. And I think now that my previous question was stupid.

This morning, I have configured a squid proxy with user authorization and a firewall with
which the
  only possible connection to the web is through this proxy.

I try the simplest program using proxy HttpClient, inspired from cvs example :

   static String PROXY_IP = "195.46.214.114";
   static String PROXY_USER = "squid";
   static String PROXY_PASSWORD = "squid";

         HttpClient client = new HttpClient();

	//client.getState().setAuthenticationPreemptive(true);
	client.getState().setAuthenticationPreemptive(true);

         client.getState().setProxyCredentials(
	    // IP_PROXY,
             null,
             IP_PROXY,
             new UsernamePasswordCredentials(PROXY_USER, PROXY_PASSWORD)
         );

	System.out.println(client.getState().toString());

         GetMethod get = new GetMethod("http://www.google.com");
         get.setDoAuthentication( true );
         try {
             int status = client.executeMethod( get );
             System.out.println(status + "\n" + get.getResponseBodyAsString());
         } finally {
             get.releaseConnection();
         }
     }

This program ignore the proxyCredentials. And try to connect directly with failure (due to
the
firewall) to www.google.com
What I have done wrong ?

I am discouraged !!

Laurent F.

PS the output :
[Authentication domain: '195.46.214.114', authentication realm: 'null'#squid:squidUser |
Authentication domain: '195.46.214.114', authentication realm: 'null'#squid:squidUser | ]
java.net.SocketException: connect (code=10004)
         at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:320)
         at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:133)
         at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:120)
         at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.protocol.DefaultProtocolSocketFactory.createSocket(DefaultProtocolSocketFactory.java:118)
         at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpConnection.open(HttpConnection.java:683)
         at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod(HttpClient.java:662)
         at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod(HttpClient.java:529)
         at com.clipack.lfo.TestAuthentication.main(TestAuthentication.java:37)