commons-user mailing list archives

From Barnabas Davoti <ba...@empolis.no>
Subject [Digester] "dynamic" attributes
Date Sun, 14 Mar 2004 16:00:44 GMT
Hi,

I'd like to process a configuration file with Digester. The element structure is
given (predefined), but the attributes are not. It means the user can introduce
new attribute names.
I was not able to implement this feature with Digester. Since it stores the
attribute values as bean propery values, I should know all the attribute names
in advance to configure the bean (I use DynaBeans). It's not quite possible
since these custom attribute names will be discovered only during the parsing
time. The XML instance is well-formed, but obviously not validated.

Is this a limitation of Digester? Any possible workaround?

Thanks for your help!

Barna