commons-user mailing list archives

From Dirk Verbeeck <dirk.verbe...@pandora.be>
Subject Re: DBCP Connection.getDelegate () class cast problem
Date Thu, 11 Mar 2004 21:16:18 GMT
Hi Lily,

DBCP version 1.1 is more strict about giving direct access to the
underlying connection by using the getDelegate() method.
The PoolableConnection you expect is wrapped and access to the
delegate is restricted by default.
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-commons/dbcp/release_notes.txt?rev=1.5&view=auto

If you need access to the physical connection then you have to set
accessToUnderlyingConnectionAllowed to true.
See http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/dbcp/configuration.html
for the recommended way of getting access to the underlying connection.

Cheers
Dirk