commons-user mailing list archives

From "matthew.hawthorne" <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [SQL]Jdbc to Schema AntTasks
Date Sat, 06 Mar 2004 04:21:08 GMT
John E. Conlon wrote:
> I am trying to generate a XML database schema from JDBC metadata. See
> the JDBCTransformTask and the JdbcToSchemaTask in
> org.apache.commons.sql.task package but don't know which one to use or
> the syntax.
>
> Have tried experimenting with variation against a hsqldb 1.7.2. but my
> builds hang.
>
> Has anyone an example of either of these tasks?

I've never used this task, but after looking at the JavaDocs for
org.apache.commons.sql.task.JdbcToSchemaTask, and examining
the field names, I'd imagine that it would be used like this:

<jdbc2schema dbDriver="" dbUrl="" dbPassword="" dbUser=""
	dbCatalog="" dbSchema="" outputFile=""/>

with your values filled in accordingly.

If this doesn't help, take a look at the source code, it may help with
debugging.

Let me know how things go.