commons-user mailing list archives

From "Mark R. Diggory" <mdigg...@latte.harvard.edu>
Subject Re: Use commons code in GPLed web application ?
Date Fri, 05 Mar 2004 13:32:32 GMT
IMHO (warning: not necessarily the legal view of Apache),

If you are just using the jars as libraries, you can release your
project under a license of your choice, Apache license is not viral.

If you take sourcecode from Apache, alter it, and/or include it into
your project, that sourcecode (and only that sourcecode) needs to
maintain the Apache license headers. You will also probably want to
include information at the root of your project that it contains
modified Apache licensed code.

-Mark

Juergen Weber wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have written a web application, that uses some
> commons libraries.
>
> Can I release this web application under the GPL
> (LGPL?) or do I have to use the apache license as
> well?
>
> Thanks,
> Jürgen

Mark Diggory