commons-user mailing list archives

From "Phil Steitz" <p...@steitz.com>
Subject Re: Jelly build not functioning?
Date Fri, 05 Mar 2004 05:42:26 GMT
Henri Yandell wrote:
> I just moderated David's first email through. Might have some more info
> in.
>
> Hen
>
> On Fri, 5 Mar 2004 dion@multitask.com.au wrote:
>

>>"David Phipps" <David.Phipps@plumtree.com> wrote on 05/03/2004 09:33:33
>>AM:
>>

>>>I also see this:
>>>
>>>C:\commons-jelly-1.0-beta-3>maven jar
>>> __  __
>>>|_|  |_\__,_|\_/\___|_||_|  v. 1.0-rc1-SNAPSHOT
>>>
>>>Attempting to download commons-digester-SNAPSHOT.jar.
>>>Attempting to download commons-discovery-SNAPSHOT.jar.
>>>Attempting to download jdbc-2.0.jar.
>>>WARNING: Failed to download jdbc-2.0.jar.
>>>Attempting to download jms-1.0.2b.jar.
>>>WARNING: Failed to download jms-1.0.2b.jar.
>>>Attempting to download commons-betwixt-SNAPSHOT.jar.
>>>Attempting to download quartz-SNAPSHOT.jar.
>>>Attempting to download xsdlib-20020414.jar.
>>>WARNING: Failed to download xsdlib-20020414.jar.
>>>The build cannot continue because of the following unsatisfied
>>
>>dependencies:
>>
>>>jdbc-2.0.jar (no download url specified)
>>>jms-1.0.2b.jar (no download url specified)
>>>xsdlib-20020414.jar (no download url specified)
>>
>>jdbc and jms are not legally allowed to be distributed. You have to
>>download those and put them in the right place.

You can get jdbc-2.0.jar here:
http://java.sun.com/products/jdbc/download.html
You need to rename the jar as above and put it in
.maven/repository/jdbc/jars

You can get the jms jar here:
http://java.sun.com/products/jms/
As above, rename and put it in
.maven/repository/jms/jars

>>I can't find xsdlib in Jelly's project.xml....where is this coming from?

	<!-- runtime dependency for validate taglib -->
     <dependency>
       <id>xsdlib</id>
       <version>20020414</version>
     </dependency>

The problem is that the version on ibiblio is 20030225.

This should be changed or replaced with SNAPSHOT.

Unfortunately, o.a.c.jelly.impl.DefaultTagLibraryResolver also uses some
obsolete commons discovery classes (ServiceDiscovery, SeviceInfo) that are
no longer in any of the ibiblio discovery jars.  I think there used to be
an ancient SNAPSHOT discovery jar on ibiblio and I suspect that this is
what Jelly needs in its current state.  This should also be fixed.  I
would volunteer, but I am swamped at the momeent and am not familiar with
the codebase.

Phil