commons-user mailing list archives

From ray_off...@yahoo.co.uk
Subject [DBCP] reclaiming connections
Date Thu, 04 Mar 2004 06:44:17 GMT
Hi there.

I wondered if someone could help me with a problem I have with
DBCP?

I am using it to build an MVC web application, that works nicely, but I
seem to run into resource problems if users continously break web
browser connections whilst pages are being served.

This could mean that I have database connections that are left open if
the connection breaks before the code is finished executing.

Is there a 'best-practice' way of getting around this? I would have
thought that having the close in the 'finally' clause would do the trick ...
but I'm not sure.

And while I'm here, I thought I'd check something else that's niggling
me a little.

With a connection picked up from a connection pool, I just call close()
to return it to the pool, yes. Seems that way in the examples, but I
thought I'd just check.

Thanks in advance

Ray