commons-user mailing list archives

From "Brookes, Mark, GBPM" <Mark.Broo...@gb.vodafone.co.uk>
Subject [HttpClient] Multi-threaded use of HTTPClient
Date Mon, 08 Mar 2004 13:20:27 GMT
Hi,

I am developing an internal test product which performs a set of parallel connections to a
test target.  The way I have designed and implemented this is that a number of threads are
created to simulate loading - each thread creates an HttpClient, executes the required methods
on it and checks that the responses received are valid before terminating the thread.  I am
not using the MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager as I do not belive it is needed as each connection
is entirely managed within its own thread and is, therefore, not actually multi-threaded.

However, after just a few threads are started (currently about 3) I begin to get null pages
being received - is this due to me not using the MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManageer or is
it actually a problem with the test target?

Mark Brookes
Location Based Service Assistant Chief Engineer
Vodafone Global Products & Services Ltd - (WHQ - Edison House)
Tel: +44(0)1635 673835
Mobile: +44(0)7766 478305
Email: mark.brookes@vodafone.com
Vodafone Global Products & Services Ltd
Registered Office: Vodafone House, The Connection, Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 2FN, UK
Registered in England No. 3802001