commons-user mailing list archives

From "White, Joshua A (HTSC, CASD)" <Joshua.Wh...@thehartford.com>
Subject Error when using commons ReflectionToStringBuilder - Any ideas?
Date Mon, 15 Mar 2004 11:48:53 GMT
Using jdk 1.4.2_03, I have created the following simple class:

  import org.apache.commons.lang.builder.ReflectionToStringBuilder;

  public class TestObject {
      private String testAttribute = "Some Value";

      public String getTestAttribute() {
          return testAttribute;
      }

      public void setTestAttribute(String testAttribute) {
          this.testAttribute = testAttribute;
      }

      public String toString() {
          return ReflectionToStringBuilder.toString(this);

      }
  }

And I run:

  TestObject test = new TestObject();
  System.out.println(test.toString());

I receive the following error:

  java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.apache.commons.lang.builder.ToStringBuilder.getObject()Ljava/lang/Object
;
   at
org.apache.commons.lang.builder.ReflectionToStringBuilder.toString(Reflectio
nToStringBuilder.java:515)
   at
org.apache.commons.lang.builder.ReflectionToStringBuilder.toString(Reflectio
nToStringBuilder.java:265)
   at
org.apache.commons.lang.builder.ReflectionToStringBuilder.toString(Reflectio
nToStringBuilder.java:171)
   at donotcall.TestObject.toString(TestObject.java:17)
   at donotcall.TestIt.main(TestIt.java:20)
  Exception in thread "main" Process terminated with exit code 1

I have validated that I do not have another copy of commons-lang-2.0 on my
classpath.  Any suggestions?

Regards,

Joshua

immediately by return email and delete this communication and destroy all copies.