commons-user mailing list archives

From vsha...@optonline.net
Subject Re: LogConfigurationException while using STRUTS with two applications in same App Server
Date Mon, 08 Mar 2004 22:25:51 GMT
Thanks Craig. We will try your suggestion. As I stated, this happens only when there are more
than 1 web apps deployed on the server. We have verified that the commons-logging classes
were not deployed at the app server level when the error occured. It seems the class loader
of one web application is interfering with the other. Suspecting a similar problem, we moved
the commons-logging jar file along with log4j to the application server's classpath. These
classes are then loaded by the app server's class loader and visible to all web apps. The
problem seems to be resolved (we are still testing). However, I am aware that the Struts Configuration
manual specifically recommends against sharing Struts components across applications by deploying
them at the app server level due to inter-webapp conflicts with static variables and other
issues. So we would prefer to get this configured and working in the recommended way.