commons-user mailing list archives

From Cindy Ballreich <ci...@ballreich.net>
Subject Re: Large File Upload with fileupload 1.0 {Scanned}
Date Wed, 31 Mar 2004 18:39:13 GMT
It sounds like your server is timing out and killing the session, but I'm not sure why it would
be different on the Solaris system.

I did some experiments with various large files. I first set my session timeout to 600 minutes.
I then tested to see how long it took to upload the files from various bandwidth connections.
Once I had some stats, I added some code that checks the size of the request and adjusts the
timout based on the size. This allows me to keep a reasonable timeout for users that aren't
uploading, while giving those who are enough time to do the upload. It seems to work reasonably
well, but I still occasionally see uploads that fail.

I hope this is helpful

Cindy