commons-user mailing list archives

From "Savitsky, Alex" <alex.savit...@Kraft.com>
Subject [Digester] Parsing XML to a hashtable
Date Tue, 02 Mar 2004 14:08:36 GMT
Hi,

I have a HashMap-based java bean that I'm trying to populate from an XML
file. Now, the only accessors java bean exposes are get(String) and
set(String, String), and XML file contains its data in body text, like that:

<Contact>
	<RowId>1</RowId>
	<LastName>Smith</LastName>
</Contact>

Now, while the whole setup looks fairly common, it doesn't look like there's
an easy way to parse it... I tried the CallMethod rule, but apparently it
can accept parameters from pretty much anywhere - from body text, tag
attribute, even the tag node up the stack - except from the tag name itself!
Am I missing something there?

Thanks in advance,

Alex