commons-user mailing list archives

From "Carsten Kaiser" <>
Subject AW: AW: Problems with digester
Date Wed, 10 Mar 2004 16:41:18 GMT
Hi Diego,
I guess, the problem is, that you haven't specified the param types
of your setData method. So right now the algorithm looks after
a setData method without any parameters, which is why your
implementation is never called...
Try it this way:
digester.addCallMethod("class/property/meta", "setData", 0, new String[]{"java.lang.String"});

Good luck!

	-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
	Von: Diego []
	Gesendet: Mi 10.03.2004 17:09
	An: Jakarta Commons Users List
	Betreff: Re: AW: Problems with digester

	Hi Carsten! Thanks a lot for your answer. Unfortunately, I had no luck with it
	I haven't found a method called "addCallMethodRule", but I suppose that you were
	referring to "addCallMethod" instead. I've tried this:
	digester.addCallMethod("class/property/meta", "setData", 0);
	But "setData" method is never called. Any other ideas, people?
	thanks again
	Mensaje citado por Carsten Kaiser:
	> Hello Diego,
	> you can use a call method rule instead e.g. like this:
	> digester.addCallMethodRule("class/property/meta", "setData", 0,
	> "java.lang.String");
	> Paramcount = 0 will call the setData method on your Meta-Object using the
	> body of your meta tag...
	> Hope this works... ;-)
	> Bye,
	> CK