commons-user mailing list archives

From "Nechiporenko, Maxim" <Maxim.Nechipore...@FMR.COM>
Subject RE: Betwixt Configuration to process XML-formatted values
Date Tue, 23 Mar 2004 14:33:38 GMT

Thank you for your help. The issue I am having (or, at least, I am
thinking this to be an issue) is that the Betwixt somehow escapes
special characters in the values of elements. In my case, element <val>
has a string value which happens to be an XML string
"<![CDATA[<error>Some Error</error>]]". Betwixt replaced all "<", ">"
with "&lt;" and "&gt;". I could, of course, run the result XML through
something like commons-lang's StringExcapeUtils.unescapeXml() to get
what I need, but why waste time on extra processing if there might be a
way to configure Betwixt to simply ignore special characters in the
first place. I would appreciate if you recall some of the details of how
you tackled a similar issue in the past.

-----Original Message-----
From: matthew.hawthorne []
Sent: Monday, March 22, 2004 10:56 PM
To: Jakarta Commons Users List
Subject: Re: Betwixt Configuration to process XML-formatted values

Nechiporenko, Maxim wrote:
>>The XML I am getting looks the following:
>>  <val>
>>    &lt;![CDATA[&lt;error&gt;Some Error&lt;/error&gt;]]&gt;
>>  </val>
>>when I would need it to be:
>>  <val>
>>    <![CDATA[<error>Some Error</error>]]
>>  </val>
>>I have no issues marshalling this Bean using Castor. Any help on how
>>to get Betwixt to produce the desired  XML string is welcome.

Take a look the the docs and
about .betwixt files. They allow you to completely customize your XML

I've had to solve a similar problem before, unfortunately I can't
the exact details of how I did it.

Post again if you are still having problems, and I can give you some
more details.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

To unsubscribe, e-mail: