commons-user mailing list archives

From "Matthew Flagg" <mfl...@interdirected.com>
Subject RE: FileUpload
Date Wed, 31 Mar 2004 13:45:42 GMT
And using a JSP instead of a servlet would cause strange exceptions when
checking if the form is multi-part?  I don't understand why.  I thought JSPs
and servlets were pretty much the same thing in the end.

-----Original Message-----
From: Martin Cooper [mailto:martinc@apache.org]
Sent: Tuesday, March 30, 2004 6:10 PM
To: Jakarta Commons Users List
Subject: RE: FileUpload

On Tue, 30 Mar 2004, Matthew Flagg wrote:

> Version 1.0  From a JSP.  Nothing fancy either, follows the sample in the
> user guide pretty close.

I strongly recommend that you not try to do this in a JSP page. JSP pages
are intended for text-based processing, not things like file upload. You
should do this in a servlet instead.

--
Martin Cooper

JSP
> or Servlet?
>
> Kind Regards
> Schalk Neethling
> Web Developer.Designer.Programmer.President
> Volume4.Development.Multimedia.Branding
> emotionalize.conceptualize.visualize.realize
> Tel: +27125468436
> Fax: +27125468436
> email:schalk@volume4.co.za
> web: www.volume4.com
>
> This message contains information that is considered to be sensitive or
> confidential and may not be forwarded or disclosed to any other party
> without the permission of the sender. If you received this message in
error,
> please notify me immediately so that I can correct and delete the original
> email. Thank you.

Any
> :: help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.  Here's the exceptions we
are
> :: seeing:
> ::
> ::
> ::
> :: org.apache.jasper.JasperException: javax/servlet/ServletInputStream
> ::         at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(Unknown
> :: Source)
> ::         at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(Unknown
> :: Source)
> ::         at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(Unknown Source)
> ::         at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java)
> ::         at
> ::
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(Unknown
> :: Source)
> ::         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(Unknown
> :: Source)
> ::         at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(Unknown
> :: Source)
> ::         at
> ::

> :: eNext(Unknown Source)
> ::         at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(Unknown
> Source)
> ::         at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(Unknown
Source)
> ::         at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(Unknown
> :: Source)
> ::         at
> ::

> :: eNext(Unknown Source)
> ::         at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(Unknown
> Source)
> ::         at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(Unknown
Source)
> ::         at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(Unknown
> Source)
> ::         at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(Unknown
> Source)
> ::         at
> ::

> :: eNext(Unknown Source)
> ::         at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(Unknown
> :: Source)
> ::         at
> ::

> :: eNext(Unknown Source)
> ::         at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(Unknown
> :: Source)
> ::         at
> ::

> :: eNext(Unknown Source)
> ::         at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(Unknown
> Source)
> ::         at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(Unknown
Source)
> ::         at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(Unknown
> :: Source)
> ::         at
> ::

> :: eNext(Unknown Source)
> ::         at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(Unknown
> Source)
> ::         at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(Unknown
Source)
> ::         at
> :: org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:223)
> ::         at
> :: org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler.invoke(JkCoyoteHandler.java:261)
> ::         at
> :: org.apache.jk.common.HandlerRequest.invoke(HandlerRequest.java:360)
> ::         at
> org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.invoke(ChannelSocket.java:604)
> ::         at
> ::

org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.processConnection(ChannelSocket.java:562)
> ::         at
> :: org.apache.jk.common.SocketConnection.runIt(ChannelSocket.java:679)
> ::         at
> ::

> :: a:619)
> ::         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)
> ::
> :: root cause
> ::
> :: javax.servlet.ServletException: javax/servlet/ServletInputStream
> ::         at
> :: org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.handlePageException(Unknown
> :: Source)
> ::         at
> ::

org.apache.jsp.uploadUsersProcess_jsp._jspService(uploadUsersProcess_jsp.jav