commons-user mailing list archives

From "Matthew Flagg" <mfl...@interdirected.com>
Subject FileUpload
Date Tue, 30 Mar 2004 16:01:13 GMT
We have Apache connected to Tomcat 4.1 and are having problems uploading
files.  It appears that something is going wrong in
FileUpload.isMultipartContent(request) except that the thrown exception does
not appear to be rooted in that method.  We're wondering if it's a
configuration problem of some kind but we're not sure what or where.  Any
help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.  Here's the exceptions we are
seeing:

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: javax/servlet/ServletInputStream
        at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(Unknown Source)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(Unknown
Source)
        at
eNext(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(Unknown
Source)
        at
eNext(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at
eNext(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(Unknown
Source)
        at
eNext(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(Unknown
Source)
        at
eNext(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(Unknown
Source)
        at
eNext(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:223)
        at
org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler.invoke(JkCoyoteHandler.java:261)
        at
org.apache.jk.common.HandlerRequest.invoke(HandlerRequest.java:360)
        at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.invoke(ChannelSocket.java:604)
        at
org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.processConnection(ChannelSocket.java:562)
        at
org.apache.jk.common.SocketConnection.runIt(ChannelSocket.java:679)
        at
a:619)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

root cause

javax.servlet.ServletException: javax/servlet/ServletInputStream
        at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.handlePageException(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.jsp.uploadUsersProcess_jsp._jspService(uploadUsersProcess_jsp.jav
a:209)
        at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(Unknown Source)