commons-user mailing list archives

From Stephen Westbom <>
Subject Re: Connection is closed
Date Mon, 29 Mar 2004 12:47:12 GMT
Just a guess, but after your last question, don't ever call the close() method
on the underlying connection object.  That truly  closes the connection and you
will have a dead one in the pool.  Only call close() on the DBCP connection
object decorator which simply returns the connection to the pool.

--- Joao Batistella <> wrote:
> Hello!
> I started using DBCP with Oracle 8i and I'm having the error "Connection is
> closed" sometimes. How can I change the DBCP configuration to avoid this
> kind of error?
> Thanks,
> JP

Your source for complex solutions to simple problems

Do you Yahoo!?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message