commons-user mailing list archives

From Stephen Westbom <swest...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: DBCP + Oracle 8i
Date Sun, 28 Mar 2004 20:41:56 GMT
I think the method is getDelegate().  It has been a while but I belive you will
have a the JDBC Connection interface and will have to cast to the
org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingConnection handle to access the method
getDelegate().

Have fun.

--- Stephen Westbom <swestbom@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Yes, there is a method to get the underlying Oracle connection from the DBCP
> decorator (it implements all the JDBC methods and passes them through to the
> implementing class's methods but it is a wrapper).  You have to use it if you
> want to get an Oracle specific class and not the decorators.
>

> --- Joao Batistella <joao-p-batistella@ptinovacao.pt> wrote:
> > Hello.
> >
> > I'm using DBCP with an Oracle database and I have some problems with this
> > kind if statements:
> >
> > select * from
> > TABLE(CAST(GetPhones(cursor(select
> > cust_id,phone1,phone2,phone3,phone4,phone5 from phones)) AS
> > PhoneResultTab));
> >
> > The error I got in Invalid Column name.
> >
> > I know that the syntax is Oracle specific.  Is there a way to solve this
> > without changing the SQL ?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Joao Paulo.
> >

> =====
> Your source for complex solutions to simple problems

=====
Your source for complex solutions to simple problems