commons-user mailing list archives

From Stephen Westbom <swest...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError in FileUpload.isMultipartContent()
Date Thu, 25 Mar 2004 19:23:15 GMT
Yes you put the FileUpload class under a classloader that doesn't see the
ServletInputStream.  Get the classloader from FileUpload and look at the
classpath on it and you will see what I mean.

Look here for the classloader hierarchy:

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.0-doc/class-loader-howto.html

--- Nicholas Paul Johnson <nickjohnson@virginia.edu> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am using Jakarta Tomcat 5.0.9, and the most recent version of FileUpload
> (downloaded it yesterday or so).
>
> When I try to call FileUpload.isMultipartContent(request) from within a
> JSP page, where I know that request is a multipart/form-data form post, a
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError("javax/servlet/ServletInputStream") is
> thrown.
>
> Any suggestions?  Or, does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?
>
> --
> Nicholas Paul Johnson
> nickjohnsonSPAM^H^H^H^H@virginia.edu
> http://manjac.ath.cx/nick
>  _
> ( ) ascii ribbon campaign - against html mail
>  X                        - against microsoft attachments
> / \ http://www.google.com/search?q=ascii+ribbon
> --

=====
Your source for complex solutions to simple problems