commons-user mailing list archives

From David Graham <grahamdavid1...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: DbUtils classes not being Serializable
Date Thu, 18 Mar 2004 13:51:16 GMT
Only objects stored in the HttpSession are required to be Serializable.  I
don't see any reason to store MapListHandlers in the session but the Maps
they return could certaily be stored there.  A custom Map implementation
is returned that allows case insensitive column name lookups.  This custom
Map extends HashMap which is Serializable so you should have no problems.

David