commons-user mailing list archives

From "Muness Alrubaie" <mun...@lingerie.com>
Subject RE: [jelly] writing < to stream
Date Wed, 03 Mar 2004 01:51:21 GMT
Hi,

I am having a related problem to that Robert was facing.  Here's what I am
trying to do:  I am storing Jelly scripts in a database (dbXML).  Each
script may have references to other scripts (via the Jelly custom tag I am
writing).  For example:

<entry name="Java IDEs"
xmlns:entries="jelly:edu.franklin.jelly.tags.DbXML.DbXMLTagLibrary">
<entries:get>Eclipse</dbxml:get>
<entries:get>NetBeans</dbxml:get>
</entry>

What I am trying to do is to get the dbxml:get tag to inline the referred
Eclipse and NetBeans XML documents (which may also be Jelly scripts).  (In
case you're curious, I am building a Wiki implementation using Jelly
scripts.  One of the goals is to be able to generate multiple wiki views:
RSS, HTML, word documents, PDF, etc...)  Jelly scripts are being executed
from Cocoon via the JellyGenerator and as jelly test cases via
JellyTestSuite.

I have the implementation in place to retrieve documents.  In GetTag.doTag()
I do the following:
new TextScript(dbXML.get(bodyText)).run(this.context, xmlOutput));

However <, > get converted to &lt;, &gt;.  Where would I need to modify the
call to createXML to indicate that text should not be escaped.  Should I
change JellyGenerator and JellyTestSuite?

And a follow up question: do I need to do anything special to ensure that
the resulting script is recursively executed until no more Jelly calls are
left?

Thanks,
Muness