commons-user mailing list archives

From "Vilson farias" <vilson.far...@digitro.com.br>
Subject [Digester] - How to add extra data to http headers
Date Wed, 24 Mar 2004 14:57:22 GMT
Greetings,

  I have new rules for http requests here in my company that force applications to use specifc
user agent strings in all html request headers.

  I'd like to change user agent for digester requests. Actually I just call digester.parse
(java.lang.String uri)and everything is done internally by Digester but I think I'll need
to do the job by myself and start executing  digester.parse(java.io.InputStream input) instead
of old way. Is it a good approach? Is there an easier way to do it?

  Here is an example of a modified html header :

GET /dispositivo.xml HTTP/1.1
Host: bxs00.daf.digitro.com.br:9876
Accept: text/html, image/gif, image/jpeg, *; q=.2, */*; q=.2
Connection: keep-alive

Best regards,

José Vilson de Mello de Farias
Software Engineer