commons-user mailing list archives

From Sheng Huang <SHu...@tlg.ca>
Subject [dbcp] How could I find out the application methods that hold the active connections?
Date Thu, 25 Mar 2004 22:59:38 GMT
I have an application running on Tomcat 4.1.18 with dbcp. My configuration
parameters is as follows:
maxActive 4
maxIdle 2
maxWait -1
removeAbandoned 60
logAbandoned true

When I deployed it on a slow machine, a lot of times it will display
We have a connection pool and it has 4 max active connections.
We have a connection pool and it has 2 max idle connections.
We have a connection pool and it has 4 active connections.
We have a connection pool and it has 0 idle connections.
Then the application just stalls since no more new connections can be made
(maxActive=active). I checked the log and saw a lot of
"DBCP object created 2004-03-22 12:43:32 by the following code was never
closed" followed by "Already closed". I guess there are some inactive
connections are recycled.
Is there a way that I can find out which application methods are holding
these active connections? Should these active connections also have a
timeout value? Thank you very much.
Best regards,
Sheng