commons-user mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: BeanUtils SqlConversion
Date Mon, 08 Mar 2004 22:15:14 GMT
hi amir

i think i see your point now. this is about the copyProperties and
you'd like to ignore any conversions that fail (rather than throwing an
exception and stopping as it does now), right?

i'd suggest that the easiest way to solve this is by upgrading to CVS
HEAD and taking advantage of the new beans. i think that subclassing
BeanUtilsBean so that copyProperty is overridden and exceptions are
trapped would probably do the trick.

this is a little related to other issues that beanutils has about
exception handling. it's not really flexible enough to give users all
the options they want. as yet, no one's stepped up with the energy to
solve them, though.

- robert